Mark Van den Bergh, COO or Bricsys starts off the conference setting the pitch for the next 2 days, telling us what to expect.
Next on stage, Erik took us on a very quick roundup of BricsCAD history, and how things are panning out in the CAD world today.
Some key take-aways from his presentation:
- Bricsys reiterates continued support to encourage third party developers to build apps
- Autodesk wants to own Civil, Structural, AEC and other verticals - Bricsys has no intentions going that way.
- Autodesk is distancing itself with AutoCAD and the .dwg format
- Nothing new in AutoCAD 2015
- How do we react? - Bricsys to takes up leadership position in taking .dwg forward.
- There are have 12 million .dwg users worldwide who will be orphaned if .dwg is given step-motherly treamment.
- It is a new and difffernt game that will be played out in .dwg world, going forward.
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/designsense2014