Erik is on stage now to set the direction for the day's presentation. He stressed that BricsCAD is no longer about just being your alternative CAD but about moving forward in new directions. Ergonomics gets top priority in UI design and management. There is a dedicated team in Bricsys to design the ergonomics.
Creative Director of Bricsys, Sander Scheiris is now showing the GUI changes and changes to the web and other channels that were put in place.
Some key takeways from his presentation:
- 1400 new icons created in BricsCAD
- Icon categories and families now color-coded, predictable and standardized
- New Quad cursor
Pieter Clarysse is now presenting the new Quad interface in BricsCAD V14.
- The QUAD cursor is now for 2D editng also.
- New QUAD commands now allow hover-and-edit on any entity.
- Fillet/Chamfer, Add/Delete segment. Move Vertex are operations now possible by 2D Quad Editing commans.
- Entity-specific quad menus appear when hovered over each entity type.
- The QUAD is now customizable. You can display only those commands or operations that you are interested in.
- BricsCAD now has workspaces, like AutoCAD. It is on the bottom status bar.
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/rakesh_rao