We are now watching the most awaited presentation in which Hans de Backer s telling us all that is new in BricsCAD V17.
The Startup Screen is now a Signpost to More Resources
The First impression @ First Point of landing matters the most, and the Bricsys product management team has done some neat progress here. The startup screen has improved and is more communicative and opens doors to several support channels. The Bricsys TV & Release Notes are accessible from here itself and that should significantly improve traffic and use of the Bricsys TV videos.
The Main Startup Screen
Bricsys TV is now integrated in the startup
The Workspaces are now called PRESET access points.
- It is now easier to switch between profiles.
- Style families now allow users to easily find differences between dimension styles. Simply select two or more dimension styles in Drawing Explorer and you can now highlight the differences between them by color coding.
This post is combination of some live inputs from Han's presentation and notes that I have compiled from the Release Notes.
Here are some key takeaway points from Hans presentation:
- Improvements in Visual Styles. Performance improvements.
- There is a native PDF printer driver, engine ready, UI under development.
- Improved Spline Editing
- Improved 3D Snaps which were introduced in V16
- 3d navigation through models easier and faster
A few random screen grabs from this presentation:
General Drawing Improvements
New command ANIPATH allows point-and-shoot animation to be generated by specifying camera and target points across a 3d landscape.
- The ANIPATH command fills the gap in the conceptual visualization process. A quick 3D sketched model often needs to be animated as well, and the ANIPATH command is now available to do just that.
- New command AIDIMFLIPARROW flips direction of selected dimension arrow with ease. A neat tool for clutter space management.
- The DIM command is more communicative now, and it is really helpful to know the various options, instead of a cryptic prompt Dimensioning Command:
- A new command AIDIMPREC allows to set [change] the precision of dimension objects directly. We had this in CADPower for few years. A frequently asked convenience.
More to come in following presentations.....