BricsCAD is 100% compatible with AutoCAD but that does not mean it is an identical copy to AutoCAD. And this is for good reason. Any responsible company will not copy blindly the user interface of a rival product.
The lack of an identical interface can often cause inconvenience and temporary re-orientation issues for long time AutoCAD drafters. For many (especially lower level drafters) who are in constant switch between AutoCAD and BricsCAD environments, this is a significant issue.
Recognizing this, we have added a new layer of skin in our CADPower software that extents the user-interface comfort factor in BricscAD - for an AutoCAD user.
Presenting the BRICSCAD+ menu in CADPower (V 17.10 ++)
The BricsCAD+ menu is a new add-on to the existing user interface of CADPower. It is a freeware feature and never expires in CADPower, which means you don't have to buy CADPower to use BricsCAD+. The BricsCAD+ menu offers some commonly used shortcuts and menu items (found in familiar AutoCAD interfaces) and makes it easily available to BricsCAD users.
BricsCAD+ user interface is available initially only in the English version of CADPower and will be rolled out for other languages also. It contains one pull-down menu and five toolbars.
- The 'QuickTools' toolbar contains various Zoom command options and the real-time pan which are most often missed by new BricsCAD users.
- The 'UCS' toolbar contains all the UCS options in exactly the same way as AutoCAD shows it. This eases the transition for BricsCAD users.
- The 'Viewport' toolbar contains all the Viewport create/manage options in the same way as AutoCAD shows it.
- The main 'BricsCAD+' toolbar offers several shortcuts and quick-access tools as listed below:
- Layer Commands shortcut
- Layer, Style, DimStyle dialogs that directly connect and open Explorer
- Point Style dialog (ddpstyle)
- Many dimensioning, scale management & editing shortcuts are available.
- Purge & XREF tools
- The FILTER command
- Extensive 3D Views Toolbar
- Extensive Pan toolbar
- Extensive Zoom tooolbar
Our CADPower software has always been for productivity, be it by automating commonly required CAD tasks or by providing niche micro-vertical solutions for the design industry.
When it become available for the BricsCAD platform, we also started selling BricsCAD in India and users asked for features in CADPower that they found missing in BricsCAD (compared to AutoCAD). Notable about these are BCOUNT, TCOUNT, FILTER, TEXTMASK , TORIENT, HATCHINSVX, HATCHDELVX, LOCKVPCURLAYOUT, UNLOCKVPCURLAYOUT, MOVEBAK, LOCKVPORTS, VPMAX, VPMAXRESTORE, BURST and many others.
All the above commands are FREEWARE in CADPower, which means they NEVER expire and you have a perpetual license to use them forever within your BricsCAD.
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rakesh_rao