Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hans de Backer is the Head of Product Development at Bricsys and is on stage now to show off the brand new Bricscad V13. The audience is eagerly waiting to listen and see the new features in V13.
He started off by listing the changes implemented during the V12 life-cycle. Some of them are shown below:
- Rendering speed improvements: 3.4 s in Bricscad V12 (initial beta version) against 0.4 s in Bricscad V13 - for a spring model DWG.
- Multi-resolution tiles based raster image managements
- Multiple-threaded multiple-core processor supoprt while doing large raster operations
- Ability to load blocks from drawings which are not loaded yet
Key New features in V13:
Under the hood:
- Full merge with Teigha 3.6 and 3.7
- switch to MSVC 2012
- introduced cmake
- new test infrastructure
- multi-platform, load-balanced, test dispatch system
Changes that you can see:
- New filter mechanism to sort, group and view huge number of layers.
- Drawing Explorer has three tabs - Open drawings, Folders and Sheets (New)
- Command line autocompletion
- Toolbar combo for layer statedm layer filterm dim sty
- Toolbar combo boxes have adjustable width
- Dynamic UCS
- F6 key to toggle UCSDETECT
- DUCS in status bar pane
- Array dialog box
- QLEADER command
- WORKSETS command for working with named groups of drawings
- Multiline MLINE support. MLSTYLE also now available to set multiline styles. MLEDIT is not yet available. Planned for V13 life-cycle.
- ATTSYNC, ATTREDEF and BATTMAN commands implemented.
- Improved navigation controls for walkthroughs.
- DIMREASSOCIATE command implemented
- PowerDimensions addon from Daniel Marcotte
- Printing enhancements, plenty of them.
- PUBLISH operation now uses a second session of Bricscad to speed up response times, allowing you to get back to work while the publish operation is still happening in background.
- MVSETUP command implemented (this is going to make many happy in India).
- More improvements to the tool palettes. You can resize, close using TOOLPALETTECLOSE command, perform .xtp import and more.
- Undo option in OFFSET command
What's coming up next?
- 64 bit version
- Image caching - Avoid tile conversion
- Web map sever and web map API.
Shivdeep Garud from 3dbrains Singapore, worked on the dynamic UCS and associative dimension features in V13 and showed a demo of the same along with Hans de Backer.
The QLEADER settings dialog box (above)
- Discover Bricscad, discover GeoTools-AutoCAD , GeoTools-Bricscad, CADPower-AutoCAD, CADPower-Bricscad, discover TechCenter. Brand new ways to work smarter in CAD!!